04 June 2011
Posted in Sweet things
June 4, 2011
This strawberry torte is very popular in German baking. Many strawberry growers in Germany offer their fields to be able to pick your own, and this makes a fun family outing.
1 packet cream powder
200g, plain flour.
1 tablespoon, vanilla powder
400g whipped cream
1000g, strawberries, cut into quarters
1 packet fruit glaze, red
30g, almond slices
how to make:
1. Place flour, butter, cream powder, eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl, and beat for about 3 minutes until all is well mixed together.
2. Roll the dough on a floured surface to fit a greased 26 cm baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Allow to cool then on a rack or flat surface.
3. Place prepared whipped cream (see packet instructions), and spread evenly over the prepared cake crust.
4. Place the sliced strawberries evenly over the cream.
5. Mix the powdered glaze with 150g of luke warm water, and gently pour with a spoon evenly on top of the strawberries and allow to set.
6. Slightly brown the almonds in a small saucepan, then cool and decorate the top of the cake.