29 December 2010
Posted in Sweet things
These liitle guys are easy to make for the holiday period. No baking involved, just pop them in the snow (if you are lucky to have the white stuff!) or leave in a cool spot to set.
What is so nice about these small treats, is that they look impressive when you take them to a work or school function for a Christmas party. They call out Christmas is coming!
Makes 25 small nut crust minis
What you will need:
50g of dried fruit (sultanas, cherries, cranberries)
50g mixed nuts (Walnuts, pecans, macadamia)
350g white chocolate
80g cornflakes (Cereal)
Praline paper cups.
How to make:
1. Break up the chocolate into pieces, and melt the chocolate in a metal bowl sitting ontop of a pot of hot simmer water. Stir frequently with a spatula.
2. Mix together the nuts, dried fruits and corn flakes.
3. Add ¾ of the melted chocolate (cool slightly) to the mixture and gently stir through.
4. Place the paper cups on a tray and with a teaspoon spoon add a spoon full to each cup.
5. With the remainder of the chocolate, gentle spoon over the nut crusts until covered.
6. Leave to set in a cool area or place it the snow.