31 August 2011
Posted in Sweet things
On location: Rhein Harbour, Karlsruhe with Maurice and Michael for a bit of food and a portrait session.
Menu: Black forest ham & smoky cheese tart; Date & hazel nut cake.
simple rustic food with a beer or two as two buddies catch up on a warm summer evening...
Please come and join us on Facebook!
What you'll need:
• 1 teaspoon, baking powder
• 150g, brown sugar
• 50g hazel nuts, finely chopped
• 150g chopped seeded dates
• 1 egg, large
• 125ml, milk
• 125g butter, chopped
What to do:
- Grease a 30x 10cm pan. Place the sifted flour mixed with the baking powder into a bowl then rub in the butter. Gradually stir in the sugar. Add the nuts and dates to the mixture then stir in the combined egg and milk.
- Pour evenly into the pan and bake for 30 minutes until brown.