03 October 2010
Posted in Sweet things
A stroll in the forest can bring you to these wild blueberries during mid summer.
Makes 6 large super-sized pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 60 ml super fine sugar
- 250ml butter milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- powder sugar for topping
- vanilla ice cream for topping
1. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Beat the egg and butter milk together, then fold into the flour mixture.
3. Mix in the melted butter and add the blueberries through the mixture.
4. Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium high heat. Gently pour the mixture covering the pan and brown on both sides for a few of minutes. Using a pan of a similar size, flip over the pancake carefully into the second pan, then return the pancake into the greased cooking pan.
5. Sprinkle with powder sugar and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
They are also yum with a drizzel of maple syrup.
you may also like to read a spring adventure path