28 June 2010
Posted in Savory
For lunch or brunch by adding a poached egg.
For four servings
- 650g potato, grated and patted dry
- 350g celeriac, peeled and grated
- 1 white onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons, all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon, fresh thyme leaves
- 75g allgäu emmental cheese, grated
- olive oil for frying
- 150g katenspeck (bacon)
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Soured cream
- Chopped chives
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine
1 Combine the celeriac, potato, onion, flour, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
2 Add oil to frying pan, and over a medium heat fry the katenspeck until brown. Remove & add to the potato mix.
3 Add more oil to the pan, and add a heaped tablespoon of the potato mix & flatten with a spatula. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper, and keep warm in the oven whilst making the rest of the fritters.
4 Serve fritters with the sour cream, chives & serve with roasted tomatoes on the side.
You may also like to read a bike without pedals