28 October 2010
Posted in Pasta
for a delicate blend of herbs
Makes 4 servings
1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon sage, chopped
2 teaspoon basil, chopped
80 g Pecorino cheese, grated
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper for taste
1 Whole meal spaghetti, packet
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the pasta for a few minutes under the recommended cooking time (read the packet for instructions, but usually 9 minutes)
2. Mix the herbs, garlic and oil into a mall pan and sautÃ© for about 2 minutes, but be careful not to burn.
3. Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of the water, then add to the herb mixture in the pan.
4. Cook the mixture until a milky cream texture forms then remove from the heat. Add the Pasta and on a low heat gentle stir in the Pecorino cheese and melted butter for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper for taste.
5. Place on a plate and with shaved pieces of Pecorino and garnish with a sprig of sage.
All though the ingredients are very simple in this spaghetti dish, it still requires a little timing to keep all from becoming soft.
You may also like to read Pecorino from Pienza