27 November 2010
Posted in Meat
A couple of weeks ago it was my hubby's birthday, and instead of going out for dinner we opened a bottle of chianti that we brought home from from our fab stay at La Camporena, Tuscany. This dish is the result of putting the wine to good use!
Makes 4 servings
750 g free range chicken fillets.
1 cup Chianti red wine
8 Large flesh tomatoes
1 garlic, clove
1-tablespoon oregano, fresh
8 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, large, chopped
Salt & Pepper for taste
3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
1. Marinate the chicken fillets in the Chianti wine for 1 hour.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a deep pan, and brown the chicken fillets on both sides then place in an ovenproof dish.
3. Add extra olive oil to the pan and cook the garlic, onion and oregano until soft.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and sundried tomatoes in a pan, and stir on a medium heat for five minutes, slowly stirring in the cream.
5. Transfer the tomato sauce mixture to the chicken, and bake for 40 minutes in 180°C (320°F) preheated oven.