10 August 2010
Posted in Life's Style
At the time of searching for a name and logo for a Palate & a Passport, I turned to my students of business English for a little help. The class exercise had incidentally turned into a bit of fun and a momentary release from a textbook. Below I have shared some of their wacky title suggestions. Apart from meeting such a fab group of young people in my job, from time-to time someone will volunteer to model for a fun photography session. Here you can take a peep student gallery.
It is also not uncommon to see students entering the class-room of a morning with a small white bag, containing a yummy cream bun.
Here are some of their fun suggesions:
- Somewhere over the Weinberg (Wine hills)
- Living schwarz, rot, gold (Black, red and gold as the national flag)
- Experiencing Germany first hand.
- Generation D
- JT/PT- Highway to Germany: An idea taken from the ACDC song "Highway to hell," with a logo of a kangaroo with his paw doing a Mano Cornuto sign. My portrait photo for the website to be me wearing an apron, holding a cooking spoon and a camera in the other hand. Another logo suggestion: a map of specialty German foods in their regions.
- Explore Germany's sweet side- baking with Julie
- Punctual...more punctual...most punctual...Welcome to Germany!
- The Krauts are nice and bierable (German spelling of beer)
- Beer & Pretzels
- From sea to snow, over beer and wine
- "Franz & Gertrud" are punctual and reliable, never the less they are nice!
- Germany has Angie, and Angie rules the world. (Germany's Chancellor)
- German ESSENce, Life & Travel (Essen translates to Eating)
- Charming Germany
- Sweet home Germany
- Take me to Germany!
- 2 fast 2 Germany
- Finally water! Tales of Beer, Sausages & Sauerkraut! (Well, Australia does actually have water restrictions at times)